Grassroots Movements to Support the Post-Paris Agenda: A Call to Action
Press Release | November 10, 2016 by SDG Action Team
November 10, 2016
Marrakech, Morocco –International NGO, Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, held a press conference reporting on its disaster relief efforts, issuing its recommendations learned through hands-on experiences in the field.
About Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation
The Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, or Tzu Chi, is a charitable volunteer-based INGO that engages in humanitarian aid, education, development, and disaster relief efforts.
Community and field based recommendations to UNFCCC
- By inviting and developing transparent collaborations and partnerships, we will have a broader reach to assist in disaster relief and community building efforts.
- Following the described model for charity and relief, Tzu Chi Foundation and its partners will seek to report annually on their relief and development progress.
- Strongly encourage UNFCCC & IPCC to consider inputs and advices from global charity organizations in an effort to reduce future climate-related disasters.
- As climate related disasters become ever more prevalent, rather than a clear separation between “church and state,” as well as other actors, there needs to be bilateral partnerships between the parties; similarly, there must be a continued and focused effort to increase PPP, Public-Private Partnerships.
- We should emphatically promote the realities of climate change through media channels, further expanding reach and awareness, while simultaneously expelling climate change denialism and skepticism.